Now showing items 1-10 of 12
Extractable organics in surface sediments from Thana creek and Bombay harbour
Considerable variations in hydrocarbon and fatty acid levels in surface sediments from Thana creek and Bombay harbour were observed Sediments from the westernside nearshore locations yielded higher values The residues were ...
Effects of dispersants on microbial growth and biodegradation of crude oils
(Indian Association for Limnology and Oceanography, 1984)
Four oil spill dispersants when used along (0.1% V/V) or in combination with Saudi Arabian Crude (0.5% V/V) were non-toxic to Arthrobacter simplex and Candida tropicalis. At a higher concentration of 0.6% (V/V) only D2 was ...
Growth of hydrocarbon utilizing microorganisms
Two isolates from marine mud having broad spectrum hydrocarbon utilizing profile were identified as Arthrobacter simplex and Candida tropicalis.Both the organisms grew exponentially on crude oil. The cell yield of the ...
Effect of dispersants on the growth of indigenous bacterial population and biodegradation of crude oil
Oil dispersants (5 from Castrol Ltd., Bombay and 2 from British Petroleum, London) were studied individually and in combination with Saudi Arabian crude oil for their effect on the growth of indigenous bacteria and on the ...
Identification of oil pollution sources in harbour waters
Hydrocarbon-utilising micro-organisms from Dona Paula Bay, Goa
Twenty-three hydrocarbon-utilising bacteria and one yeast were isolated, using enrichment techniques, from water and sediment samples. Vibrio and Pseudomonas were the predominant genera. Of the different organisms screened, ...
Trace metal concentration in some marine algae of the Maharashtra coast (India)
74 marine algal species representing Chlorophyta, Phaeophyta and Rhodophyta from ten different stations along the Maharashtra Coast were analysed for the concentration of Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn and Pb Concentration varies ...
Metal concentration in some seaweeds of Goa (India)
(Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1978)
Seventeen species of marine algae collected from five localities of Goa, were analysed for Co, Cu, Fe, Mn, Ni, Pb and Zn, using atomic absorption spectrophotometer. All the seven metals showed considerable variations in ...